Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Skincare Review

Murad Blemish Control Product Review 


Hello Gorgeous.
I was so lucky to have Murad send me these products to try out and review. I am usually super picky with skin care products since I am scared of breaking out so I usually stick to the same products over and over again. I am so happy I was able to test out their new Murad Blemish Control Starter Kit. 
This kit features 3 products, including - Clarifying Cleanser, Blemish Clearing Solution and Oil-Control Mattifier. 

As some of you may know I still suffer with problem skin and acne. A lot of it is hormonal which means products I am putting on top of my skin are not clearing it completely. This battle has been going on for years. Finally with the help of a new birth control and Acne focused products I am seeing great results for the first time in forever. 

The Blemish Control Line features a range of products for treating acne. In this starter kit you are getting three sample size products. ($40 CN) Starter kits are a great way to try new products for an affordable price. Everyone's skin reacts differently to certain products so getting sample sizes allows you to try enough of the product to see if you like it or not. 


Step 1 - Clarifying Cleanser
45ml / 1.5 Fl Oz 
This gel cleanser is gentle and cooling on the skin. The cleanser is made with salicylic acid and silver citrate that helps clear any bacteria in the skin. The cleanser lathers onto damp skin well but does not remove makeup. Always take your makeup off using a makeup cloth or remover prior to cleansing the skin. This will give you a deep clean on your skin, not your makeup. The scent was a something I had to get used to. The smell is rather strong and chemical like, but also quit citrus. It only took me a couple of days to get used to but if that is something that irritates you, than you might not enjoy it.


Step 2 - Blemish Clearing Solution
23ml / 0.8 Fl Oz 
This product is an acne treatment product you apply before moisturizer. It contains 0.5% Salicylic Acid and Tea Tree Oil. A little goes a long way with this product, it is very lightweight and applying it to the skin is effortless. It is also non-comedogenic which means it wont clog your pores. I have not had any reaction to this product. Some people may react differently to it so if you do notice a reaction within the first few days I would stop using it. I think it has definitely helped speed up the process of clearing my blemishes and eliminating redness. I will continue using this product everyday.  


Step 3 - Oil Control Mattifier with SPF 15 
23ml / 0.8 Fl Oz 
The final step in this kit, this product helps reduce shine and oil throughout the day, while protecting it from the sun with an SPF 15. This product contains Algae and Willow Bark Extract. This product is a thick consistence and I find it hard to apply on the skin. I usually press it onto my skin rather than rub to apply an even application. This product is not as hydrating as I would like it to be or as easy to apply. Although It does keep me matte for a portion of the day. I do not find my self touching up as often which is a huge plus.

Overall I am very happy with these products, I think I will purchase the full size products after I am finished. I have noticed an improvement on my skin already. I will also do a follow up after a few more weeks to update you on my skin results. I think this kit is great for what you are getting and worth a try for anyone who is suffering with problem skin. This kit is too cute to pass up, it even comes with a fun travel bag. These products are also Canadian and can be found online at Murad.com and retail stores such as Sephora.


Disclaimer: These products were provided from Murad. All opinions are my own. 

Talk Soon Loves, 


FOLLOW/SUBSCRIBE

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig