Monday, January 13, 2014

DIY: Canvas Bull

Glitter Bull 

The modern trend of mixing masculine and feminine has had an up spring these past couple of years, along with the animal trend. Hanging decorative moose heads, antlers and skulls have become less country and more modern. This a cheap and easy DIY and a great way to add edge to any room. Feel free to use any design or glitter of your choice, be creative! 

Supplies 
  • Canvas (any size you would like)
  • Stencil of Bull 
  • Pencil 
  • Ruler
  • Scissors
  • Paint Brush
  • Modpoge/Glue
  • Glitter
Steps


1. Once you have all the supplies you need, start off by cutting out your stencil. You can use any stencil or image you would like. It may not fit on your canvas perfectly so don't worry, I ended up free handing the design just by making it bigger to fit the canvas.



2.  Lay your stencil on the canvas, then outline it lightly in pencil. Outline the stencil a bit bigger on your canvas so it fits the size more proportionately. I measured my canvas using a ruler, horizontally and vertically in order to find the centre. Once I found the centre, I placed my stencil in the middle and began to draw. 




3. Once you have the desired design you want, you are ready to add the glue! Don't be afraid if you make mistakes ,just erase and continue. Once the glitter is on, you will not see any scuff marks. 

4. For this step, I used Modpoge. I found it made the application easier and very smooth since you want all the glitter to lay even. If you do not have Modpodge, feel free to use white glue that will dry clear. Using a paint brush, cover your outline in glue. Be sure to go a little over the line so you can cover the pencil marks. Once a layer of glue is on, pour the glitter over top. I chose to glue on half of my outline first then added glitter so it would not dry as fast. 



5.  Once you are finished, shake off the access glitter. I suggest doing it in the sink so you don't create a mess! Take a tooth pick or a Q-tip and go around the edges to get rid of uneven glitter.

6. Once you are happy with the look, set to dry. I suggest spraying it with Hairspray or a Finishing Spray so the glitter does not fall off and it gives you a shinny look. You are now finished and have decorative wall art with a bit of an edge. 




Here's another glitter canvas I made only using a moose stencil! If you want to create this design, follow the same steps, only using this stencil. 


 








SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig